The Baily Thomas Charitable Fund supports projects in the area of learning disability and the care and relief of those affected by learning disability. The Trust consider under learning disability the conditions generally referred to as severe learning difficulties, including autism, and fund projects concerning children or adults.
Grants of up to £150,000 are made to registered charities to cover capital projects and core costs – to include staff costs, general running and office costs at charitable organisations, schools and centres.
Projects funded include:
- Capital works for residential, nursing and respite care, and schools
- Employment schemes including woodwork, crafts, printing and horticulture
- Play schemes and play therapy schemes
- Day and social activities centres including building costs and running costs
- Support for families, including respite schemes
- Independent living schemes
- Support in the community schemes
- Snoezelen rooms
Grant size: £250 to £150,000
Deadline: No deadline for applications under £10,000 – please see website for next deadline for applications of over £10,000
Application process: Baily Thomas Charitable Fund website