The Bright Ideas Fund supports new community business ideas through the start-up and planning stages with tailored business support, to the implementation stage with grants of up to £15,000, plus business development support and learning and peer networking.
A community business is defined as one set up by a community to address challenges they face together. There are many types of community business. They can be shops, farms, pubs or call centres. What they all have in common is that they are accountable to their community and that the profits they generate deliver positive local impact.
To be eligible to apply for the Bright Ideas Fund, you must:
- Be setting up a community business
- Be based in England
- Be an incorporated or unincorporated organisation, but not an individual
- Have been established for five years or less
- Have a charitable purpose
- Ensure your idea is for community benefit
- Share Power to Change’s impact goals
Deadline: 5pm on Tuesday 31 July
Application process: Complete the eligibility checker and apply online at the Locality website