The fund exists to help people to deliver projects in Tyne & Wear and Northumberland that tackle environmental issues in their local area.
Projects should have very clear environmental focus, but should also show how they have a positive impact on the quality of life of communities, particularly in areas of severe environmental and economic hardship. Applications should demonstrate one of more of the following outcomes:
- Encouraging communities to get involved in environmental activities
- Changing behaviours leading to more local environmental action
- Having a positive impact on the environment
- Sharing learning about the environment with others
Priority in 2018/19 will be given to applications covering one or more of the following specific environmental themes:
- Pollution and litter
- Woodlands and trees
- Sustainable transport (e.g. walking and cycling schemes)
Grant size: Grants of between £500 and £2000 are available in 2018/19 to voluntary and community organisations for revenue and/or capital projects in Tyne & Wear and Northumberland.
Deadline: Applications for amounts up to £2,000 can be submitted at any time under a fast track system, and do not have to wait for a specific funding deadline in order to apply.
Application process: Community Foundation website