Tuesday 5 February, 9.15am to 12.30pm
A free introductory session on innovation in Newcastle for the VCSE sector, delivered as part of VONNE’s new ERDF funded innovation support work. This half day workshop will be led by innovation expert Michael Coates, MD of Protostar, who has supported organisations across all sectors to embrace innovation and make their organisations more efficient. The session will be fast paced and enlightening. It will cover:
- What is innovation?
- What is the difference between innovation and invention?
- Why you should be interested in innovation
- The potential risks of not innovating
- How it applies to services and work processes (i.e. what you do as a VCSE organisation) and not just products like cars
- How it can be used to save money
- What a culture of innovation requires
- A glimpse of some easy to learn techniques for encouraging innovation.
- Further support available from VONNE through the programme
Places will be capped at 15 for the first workshop, so please book early to avoid disappointment.