Sector Connector aims to bring the business community of North Tyneside and local voluntary and community organisations closer together.
This page details some of the current offers made by local businesses for the support of voluntary and community sector organisations, which currently include:
- A limited number of free risk assessments, perhaps in relation to events or hosting volunteers
- A limited number of free one-off HR-related advice sessions to small VCS organisations on topics including redundancy, employment contracts and disciplinary issues
- A limited number of free one-off informal financial audit and planning sessions
Contact us if you would like more information about these offers and how to access them.
Offers of the month
Carney Consulting Ltd is offering a free place for voluntary organisations on their Mental Health First Aid course which runs across the year. At a time when there is a need for voluntary organisations to support people with increasingly complex issues, this two day course will help participants to spot the early signs of a mental health issue to feel confident in offering help and support to people with a range of mental health issues.
There are seven courses planned for 2019 but as the number of free training places are limited, please contact Ian Dodds now if you are interested in this opportunity.
Avant Homes is dedicating an entire day to helping out community projects on 12 June 2019 and will close down its building sites for the day to allow teams of construction workers to use their skills to help voluntary organisations across the North East. If you have a building project that they could help out with and that could be completed in a day (for example, installation of a new kitchen, creation of a disabled toilet, external walls etc.) please provide details to Ian Dodds by the end of January. Avant Homes office staff will also be able to help out with any other community projects on 12 June.
In the run up to Christmas...
As we approach Christmas, let us know if:
- There are events that you are hosting that teams of business volunteers may be able to help plan and deliver;
- There are collections that you are making – children’s toys, toiletries, food parcels etc. – to which businesses may be able to contribute
- There are fundraising activities that businesses could run in the workplace or particular small pieces of equipment (nursery toys, IT equipment etc.) for which you are looking to fundraise.
- There are any charity nights that you would like promoted to local businesses.