The Foundation welcomes applications from charities working in one of the following priority areas:
- The development of culture and the arts.
- The development and provision of educational opportunities for adults or children.
- Protection, preservation or enhancement of the natural environment.
- Creating stronger / better / more sustainable communities.
- Promoting health and medicine, with an emphasis on research or education.
The Trustees look more favourably on applications where there is evidence that the organisation has gone out to a wide range of funders. Those who haven’t had a grant from the Shears Foundation before are more likely to be successful if they apply for less than £15,000.
Tyne & Wear and Northumberland will be given priority.
No minimum or maximum specified. Registered charities only.
Next deadline: 24 March