Creative Civic Change is a new programme aimed at helping people make positive change in their community using the arts and creativity.
The Foundation will provide funding to at least 10 local areas in England over the next three years, and is most interested in supporting local communities that have often been overlooked for funding in the past, and may face some or all of these issues:
- The decline of local industry.
- High levels of unemployment.
- A pressing need for services or activities.
- A high proportion of children in poverty.
- People in the area in poor health relative to the general population.
- Other characteristics that demonstrate need.
Local communities can mean anything from a few streets or part of an estate, to a neighbourhood or a cluster of villages (must be areas smaller than a local authority). They welcome responses from areas that are already part of the Big Local initiative and those who are not but share similar characteristics – that is, areas that have been overlooked in the past and are facing a range of issues.
Funding of between £50,000 and £300,000, plus a range of support are available.
Deadline: 28 September