The government has issued a call to run a project supporting the shift towards a low carbon economy and promoting climate change adaptation, risk prevention and management in the North East.
Project’s put forward under this call must cover the North East Local Enterprise Partnership area.
Up to £8,100,000 of European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) funding is available through this call. A minimum value of £500,000 of funding can be applied for.
Outline application deadline: 31 January 2019
This call is looking to support the shift towards a low carbon economy and to promote climate change adaptation, risk prevention and management and specifically:
- Promoting the production and distribution of energy derived from renewable resources.
- Promoting energy efficiency and renewable energy use in enterprises.
- Supporting energy efficiency, smart energy management and renewable energy use in public infrastructure, including in public buildings, and in the housing sector.
- Promoting low-carbon strategies for all types of territories, in particular for urban areas, including the promotion of sustainable multimodal urban mobility and mitigation-relevant adaptation measures.
- Promoting research and innovation in, and adoption of, low-carbon technologies.
- Promoting investment to address specific risks, ensuring disaster resilience and developing disaster management systems.