Cancer Research UK are recruiting volunteers to support its Cancer Awareness Roadshow team in the North East, to help make a difference to local communities.
What will I be doing?
- Encouraging visitors to come onboard and helping to promote the presence of the Roadshow in the local area
- Communicating key health messages to the general public in a friendly, accessible and informative manner
- Using information we have provided to answer basic questions around prevention and early detection, always referring individuals to our nurses for more in-depth discussions
- Informing visitors about local health services when appropriate
- Handing out Cancer Research UK leaflets
- Providing extra support for the Roadshow at large events