Supported volunteering is part of the service provided by the Volunteer Centre North Tyneside. It aims to help people who have a mental health problem or a long term condition to access and sustain volunteering activities.
The benefits of volunteering activity to the individual are well known and include:
However, people who have a mental health problem or other long term condition can face barriers to accessing and sustaining volunteering activity, such as a lack of confidence and motivation, difficulty communicating, problems completing application forms or anxiety about travelling to venues.
Latest VODA News
- North of Tyne Devolution: An update
- Volunteer Recruitment Fair: Saturday 3 June
- News, events and funding - read our latest bulletin here
- VODA on TV! Volunteering project features on Made In Tyne & Wear
- North Tyneside Volunteer Network Meetings for 2017
- Social media in the Workplace: Free workshop 20 April
- VODA Photography Competition