After a move to Meadow Well Connected at the start of 2022, the team at NT LIFE have been busy.
Delivery of courses started in February, with NT LIFE supporting 55 participants across 16 separate programmes for 6 consecutive weeks benefiting from the support of 10 volunteers and trainee volunteers.
We have collaborated with North Tyneside Carers Centre to provide 10 of their participants with a program designed to improve their awareness and mind-set to undertaking self-care, this has helped us to access the North West of the borough and identify opportunities for further delivery in that area.
As a result we have 6 further session planned for the summer and we are also working in collaboration with Age UK North Tyneside to provide a Mental Health Awareness session to their beneficiaries.
Of the sessions delivered to date we have achieved
- 821 hours of attendance by students
- 104 hours of volunteering
Additional delivery opportunities include
- Restorative Yoga programme starting 22nd June 2022,
- External trips into the wider community (moving from our Safe-Space to Brave-Space) including art galleries, field trips and use of local Leisure centres.
- There will be a cold-water 31 day challenge in October which we will be preceded by Confidence building swims at Hadrian Leisure Centre.
The feedback from attendees includes:
“NT LIFE really helps to emphasize that you are important and self-care is not something “arty farty” but that it enables you to improve yourself and feel a whole lot better”
“I’m now aware that there is always a choice”
“I’ve learned to love being challenged in a positive way”
“NT LIFE is non-judgemental, it’s taking things “not too seriously” so that you learn without it being obviously “taught””
“You CAN help yourself”
“I didn’t speak week 1 but now I contribute every week, that’s progress!”