A growing body of data, including from ONS and Public Health England shows that people who are Black, Asian and from minority ethnic (BAME) groups have been disproportionately impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
UK Community Foundations is making a new infrastructure fund available for organisations that can help more organisations led by people of colour to apply for National Emergencies Trust (NET) grants
Applicants will need to clearly but simply demonstrate the work the grant will fund, including but not limited to:
- Awareness-raising via marketing and communications
- Mentoring/supporting groups through the local Community Foundation application process
- Support with monitoring and reporting
- The provision of micro-grants to enable applications for NET funding through community foundations
- Building relationships to help community foundations identify and address barriers to funding organisations and communities led by people of colour.
Grants between £5,000 to £20,000 over a maximum of three months are available. Applications will be considered by an independent panel every week and awards made as quickly as possible thereafter.