Keep up to date with the latest public information and advice regarding the virus at the Gov.uk website.
Support for North Tyneside’s voluntary and community sector
While we have temporarily suspended face-to-face meetings, we can still offer advice and support to charities and voluntary and community sector organisations in North Tyneside. We have lots of valuable information on our website, so please explore this and see below for resources around COVID-19. If you need specific advice, please contact our Development Manager (but please be aware that this is an incredibly busy time for VODA and responses may take longer than usual).
We have produced a COVID-19 Funding section of our website for general advice and the latest opportunities. Again, while face-to-face funding advice is currently suspended, we can still offer email and telephone support to North Tyneside voluntary and community groups and organisations. Please contact our Funding Adviser for more information (but please be aware that this is an incredibly busy time for VODA and responses may take longer than usual).
Useful Links and Resources
- The Charity Commission has published new guidance on financial difficulties in your charity caused by coronavirus to help trustees, especially aimed at smaller charities, who may need assistance to work through these. www.gov.uk/guidance/manage-financial-difficulties-in-your-charity-caused-by-coronavirus
- The UK Government has created a page which pulls together all information and advice for VCSE orgs on funding, fundraising and volunteer guidance. www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-guidance-for-voluntary-community-and-social-enterprise-organisations
- Connected Voice has collated all of the new government support available for charities and businesses around coronavirus www.connectedvoice.org.uk/latest-news/741-charity-business-services-covid-19-information
- VONNE is collating all of the online training and events taking place during this period of social isolation www.vonne.org.uk/member-events
- The Small Charities Coalition is monitoring the situation and updates will be posted on their dedicated Covid 19 page smallcharities.org.uk/corona-virus-advice-information-and-resources
- NCVO has also published some useful information at ncvo.org.uk/practical-support/information/coronavirus
- The Institute of Fundraising is providing regularly updated information for fundraisers to help everyone in the fundraising community have the right information to guide any action you might need to take institute-of-fundraising.org.uk/news/information-for-fundraisers-about-coronavirus/
- The Cranfield Trust is continuing to offer free, high level business support to charities in North East. They have quickly adapted all of their services, so they can now be accessed remotely by charities. In addition, they have brought forward the launch of a telephone support service, Cranfield Trust On Call. www.cranfieldtrust.org
- The Facebook group COVID 19 Charity Preparedness Group is an online group for charities to discuss and share contingency plans in relation to Covid 19 facebook.com/groups/345239189766729
- During the current crisis, a number of tech vendors are making their services available for free or at discounted rates. This live article from Charity Digital will be updated as new offers become available charitydigital.org.uk/topics/coronavirus-tech-offers-available-to-charities-7209
- GLT Partners – who run the Virgin Money Masterclasses – has put together a COVID-19 page which includes links to webinars and other free support and advice. www.gltpartners.co.uk/coronavirus-help-and-support
For general advice and guidance:
- North Tyneside Council has a dedicated page with information on Council services, links to the latest advice, working with local businesses and information on visiting or working in social or community care and residential settings. my.northtyneside.gov.uk/page/26134/coronavirus-covid-19
- North Tyneside Council also has an updated section about Adult Social Care for professionals and service users my.northtyneside.gov.uk/category/1426/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-updates
- The NHS website has more information about how coronavirus is spread and answers common questions about the virus nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Healthwatch North Tyneside has created a service changes information hub to show how NHS, social care and community services are changing how they work and what they offer due to Coronavirus. https://healthwatchnorthtyneside.co.uk/servicechanges/
- Public Health Matters Blog is continually updated with the latest information available and answers to common questions publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/01/23/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-what-you-need-to-know/
- Department of Health and Social Care updates its Twitter feed daily with the latest information and advice twitter.com/DHSCgovuk
- The European Social Fund (ESF) has a dedicated page with all the latest available information for all ESF (and ESIF) Funding Recipients and Delivery Partners on COVID-19 Response issues. www.gov.uk/government/publications/european-structural-and-investment-funds-coronavirus-covid-19-response
- The Children’s Commissioner has developed a children’s guide to coronavirus. www.childrenscommissioner.gov.uk/publication/childrens-guide-to-coronavirus
- UK Government Travel Advice for British people living and travelling overseas gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
There is also an easy read photo poster which you may find useful to display on site.
Support for non-English speakers
COVID-19 Latest News
The Government’s new Coronavirus Community Support Fund via the National Lottery Community Fund (TNLCF) is now open for applications. This new funding stream makes available £200m of the Governments’ previously…