Good Neighbours COVID-19 Volunteer Response
To support new and existing Good Neighbours during the COVID-19 outbreak, we have a developed a series of guidance documents and videos, which we are asking all volunteers to access.
COVID-19 Volunteering Opportunities
Find out about the other volunteering opportunities available in our volunteering update.
In light of the COVID-19 outbreak we are scaling up our Good Neighbours volunteering project to help address the needs of our local communities across North Tyneside. We are seeking volunteers who can commit a small amount of time to supporting their communities during these difficult times. We are working with North Tyneside Council and local community groups to identify people who require support whilst they are self-isolating due to infection or as a precautionary measure.
We have developed the following temporary volunteering roles to help meet demand:
- Delivering free or pre-paid food packs
- Collecting and delivering prescriptions
- Collecting and delivering supermarket Click and Collect orders
Please note, we currently have a large volume of Tier 1 volunteers to process and are currently operating a waiting list on these roles.
This role involves face to face contact with vulnerable people, handling money and having access to medication, therefore require volunteers to have an Enhanced DBS check.
Please note, we currently have a large bank of Tier 3 volunteers and are currently operating a waiting list on these roles.
All volunteers will be able to access the following support from VODA:
- Telephone and email support at all times during your volunteering
- Reimbursement of any travel expenses incurred whilst volunteering
- Access to guidance on Safeguarding and Lone Working
- All volunteers will be covered by VODA’s policies and procedures.
- A certificate of thanks when the dust settles!