Good Neighbours COVID-19 Volunteer Response
In light of the COVID-19 outbreak we are scaling up our Good Neighbours volunteering project to help address the needs of our local communities across North Tyneside. We are seeking volunteers who can commit a small amount of time to supporting their communities during these difficult times. We are working with North Tyneside Council and local community groups to identify people who require support whilst they are self-isolating due to infection or as a precautionary measure.
We have developed three temporary volunteering roles to help meet demand:
Tier 1: roles that do not involve face to face contact with potentially vulnerable people
- Tier 1 Shopping Volunteer: Sign up to volunteer here – Download Role Description here
- Tier 1 Isolation Pack Volunteer: Sign up to volunteer here – Download Role Description here
Tier 3: roles that involve face to face contact with vulnerable people, handling money and having access to medication. These roles will require volunteers to have an Enhanced DBS check.
All volunteers will be able to access the following support from VODA:
- Telephone and email support at all times during your volunteering
- Reimbursement of any travel expenses incurred whilst volunteering
- Access to guidance on Safeguarding and Lone Working
- All volunteers will be covered by VODA’s policies and procedures.
- A certificate of thanks when the dust settles!
We will be working with partners to develop further roles to meet need. This may involve telephone befriending and collecting prescriptions. If you would like to register an interest in these roles please contact:
Josie Robinson: Project Co-ordinator Ending Loneliness
Tel: 0191 643 2632