We’re recruiting Digital Champions to work with people who need support to get online by teaching them how to use their digital device, which can help to reduce isolation and enable digital inclusion.
We work with people who already have a tablet/smart phone/computer and an internet connection, to make the best use of their device.
The volunteer will support isolated or vulnerable residents to get the most from their digital device. You can offer support on the doorstep or over the telephone, to guide local residents to become better connected.
Typical tasks could include:
- Use email
- Online food shopping
- Access online GP services
- Social media
- Video chat
- Download and use the COVID19 app
- Stay safe online
We will put together a step-by-step guide which can help people to communicate with loved ones or support them to do some activities independently.
Support for volunteers includes:
- Induction and training materials
- Regular review of your role
- A flexible approach to fit your support needs
- Opportunities to develop your skills and confidence
- Opportunities for collaboration