Direct Payments are made to people who have been assessed as having social care needs and are eligible for Council-funded support. Instead of the Council arranging services for you, they will pay money into a pre-paid current account for you to buy the support you need in the way that you choose.
Aims of the Support Group
- To offer peer support and information about the benefits of Direct Payments or the process associated with it
- To provide a platform for people to share their own experiences or represent the views of the wider community
- To ensure that the service reflects the needs of the people who use them
- Enable people to share good practice and raise areas of concern
- Give ideas and suggestions on how services could be improved
Meetings are held quarterly at the Linskill Centre, Linskill Terrace, North Shields NE30 2AY between 10.30am and 12 noon.
- 13 November 2018
- 12 February 2019
- 14 May 2019
- 13 August 2019
- 12 November 2019
Please contact for further details or to book your place:
Paula Peart, Community and Health Care Forum, 205 Park Road, Wallsend NE28 7NL
Tel: 0191 2954233