We’re pleased to announce Vonne’s fourth free introductory session on innovation for the VCSE sector will be coming to North Tyneside this September in partnership with VODA.
This event is part of VONNE’s programme of support to the VCSE sector for Innovation, Governance and Leadership. It has been made possible by funding from the ERDF.
The half day workshop will be led by innovation expert Michael Coates, MD of Protostar, who has supported organisations across all sectors to embrace innovation and make their organisations more efficient. The session will be fast paced and enlightening.
What is Innovation?
Innovation is rarely about inventing something new, but taking an existing item or process and finding new ways of creating value from it.
For instance, Age UK, offering a lottery ticket. Charity wrist bands, now so common, were first used by a cancer charity and have been taken one step further by 4Ocean, who make bracelets from the plastic they remove from the ocean and use the funds to remove more.
This workshop will cover:
- What is the difference between innovation and invention?
- Why you should be interested in innovation
- The potential risks of not innovating
- How it applies to services and work processes (i.e. what you do as a VCSE organisation) and not just products like cars
- How it can be used to save money
- What a culture of innovation requires
- A glimpse of some easy to learn techniques for encouraging innovation.
- Further support available from VONNE through the programme
Places will be capped at 20 for this workshop, so please book early to avoid disappointment. Book your place here.
Date: 11 September, 9:15am to 1:00pm
Location: North Tyneside YMCA, Church Way, North Shields, NE290AB
Contact: Tel 0191 233 2000 or email email@example.com