Grants of up to £3,000 are available to support non-profit and school projects, in the North East and Yorkshire, that make a real difference to people’s lives and wellbeing. The fund targets initiatives that make a significant impact on Karbon’s customers and communities. A full list of eligible areas is available on the website. Projects should fall under one of these key themes:
- Holiday hunger.
- Bringing people together around food.
- Understanding of and supporting initiatives that address in work poverty.
- Supporting residents in the first year of their tenancy.
- Early years – poverty in young people. Support for family, parents with additional needs
- Mental health.
- Physical health and activity.
- Digital exclusion and digital poverty.
- Initiatives that tackle social isolation.
- Counselling, wellness and confidence.
- Connecting residents to available support and employment.
- Promoting work of partners and services within localities.
- Recognising cultural differences.
- Support initiatives supporting those victims of domestic abuse.
- Capital spend to support local infrastructure – with evidence of longevity/sustainability of the project.
- Capacity building, training and upskilling groups.
- Diversionary projects where there is an identified issue with community safety, drug related issues or anti-social behaviour.
- Environmental projects on estates.
The funders understand that it’s not always possible for projects to solely cover these areas, but ask that applicants demonstrate how it will/could benefit them in some way.
There are no deadlines – applicants should receive a decision within four weeks.