This year the fund aims to support more than double the amount of organisations than previously (£500), and has expanded the eligibility criteria. In previous years, funding had to go towards projects that were delivering sports or physical activities; this year it can go towards any of the below projects:
- Improving mental wellbeing
- Enabling community participation in the arts
- Preventing or reducing the impact of poverty
- Supporting marginalised groups and promoting equality
- Improving biodiversity and green spaces
- Enabling participation in physical activity
- Responding to the climate emergency and promoting sustainability
- Increasing community access to outdoor space.
All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application within two months of their submission. Please note that this year charitable organisations that are schools or connected to schools are eligible to receive funding.
Deadline: 31 October 2021.
Please note: If your Magic Little Grant application is successful, alongside the £500 grant you will also be awarded a year of free membership (funded by the player’s of the People’s Postcode Lottery) meaning you will not have to pay the £80 + VAT membership fee, but you will still be required to set up a direct debit upon registration. All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application, regardless of whether they are successful or not, within two months of their submission.