Admin Support Volunteer
· Supporting the team with Administrative tasks such as typing up notes from meetings and supporting the team with answering the office phone.
· Support with the Administration of the charity
· Greet all visitors in a friendly and professional way
· Maintain confidentiality regarding patient details and hospice records
· Help with other related tasks when necessary
· Adhere to health & safety & risk assessments
· Maintaining office petty cash including payments to volunteers within NERAF policies
This role is initially for a Tuesday and Thursday however we will be looking at other days of the week as the role progresses. Our current office hours are 9:30 to 14:30
About Achieve with Neraf CRC
Achieve with NERAF is an independent charity established to enable positive lifestyle change and recovery to people affected by alcohol or drug misuse. We do this by providing a very personalised service, recognising that everybody is unique with individual needs. We will make you feel welcome, listen to your story and then work with you to help you achieve what matters to you. We take pride in working “with” you rather than doing what we do “to” you.
We provide support in group sessions or via our unique 1-2-1 coaching and mentoring service where you will work with your own recovery coach for as long as you need to. In addition we provide the same high level of service to families of those affected by substance misuse, again recognising that each family is different rather than giving you an off the shelf package. After all, Families matter too, right?
NERAF take pride in recruiting volunteers, peers and staff who have been through an addiction, or have cared for someone with addiction themselves.
NERAF is there to support everyone in a unique way to meet their own personal needs, in a non judgemental way.
What skills do I need?
Skills we are looking for
• Ability to communicate with clients, other professionals and organisations in a competent and confident manner
• Knowledge/understanding of Substance Misuse Issues
• Good Interpersonal Skills
• Discretion and confidentiality
• Listening Skills
• Good people skills
• Good problem Solving Skills
• Good organisational skills
• A basic knowledge of ICT
• Ability to motivate and develop clients, including hard to reach people
• Previous experience of voluntary work or an admin based role
• Good sense of humour
The building is all one level, no steps into the main entrance
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity has no specific location.
Safe Families for Children