Do you enjoy listening to and helping people? Are you looking for a volunteering role where you can do just that, and fits in around your family, studies or other commitments? By becoming an Association Visitor and donating your time, energy and skills, you can make a real difference to the lives of people affected by MND.
Area Required: Northumberland, Durham and Darlington and Tyne and Wear.
Currently, most support will be delivered via phone/email/zoom. However, in line with current guidelines, if the person with MND specifically requests a face to face visit then it can go ahead. We have strict risk assessments and recommend non face to face visits where possible.
About Motor Neurone Disease Assoc
The Motor Neurone Disease Association is the only national charity in England, Wales and Northern Ireland focused on improving access to care, research and campaigning for those people living with or affected by MND.
We are looking for people who are empathetic and want to help us support those affected by Motor Neurone Disease and to one day have a world free of Motor Neurone Disease.
What skills do I need?
As an Association Visitor, you will:
- offer emotional support to people living with and affected by MND
- provide information to people living with MND, their carers and families
- help people living with MND make informed choices
- help people to access appropriate services / support
- explain how the MND Association can support people living with MND, their carers and families
- record information, following the MND Association guidelines and local protocols
- develop and maintain relationships with our local Branch or Group
- attend support and supervision meetings, as well as development events.
The time required is flexible, but we expect Association Visitors to commit to a minimum of 2 - 4 hours per week. For this role you need to be able to work as part of a team, liaise with health and social care professionals and have the ability to develop and maintain supportive relationships.
You’ll be inducted into the role and informed about the Association. As part of this, you will receive e-learning, face-to-face training and mentoring. The training programme will also include experiential and reflective learning.
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 20/09/2020
End Date: 20/09/2021
Meadow Well Connected NT
Friends Action North East
Leonard Cheshire Disability (Can Do Programme)
North East Homeless NEH