Business support volunteer
· Assist staff and volunteers in delivering a high quality service to individuals and organisations.
· Assist staff and other volunteers with the development of organisational business plans, action plans and strategies.
· To assist with the development of TO’s fundraising activities, and its groups, and to assist with the monitoring and evaluation of funding.
· To assist in the regular review and updating of the organisation’s Website, Social Media and external internet content.
· Help run stalls & activities at events promoting the work of TO
· Take pride in your role as a representative of TO, i.e. professional, polite, punctual, wear TO T-shirts at events, etc.
· Be supportive of other staff and volunteers in difficult situations and work as part of a team.
· Report any matters of concern to other staff and volunteers.
· Respect the confidentiality of participants within organisational boundaries.
About Tyneside Outdoors
Tyneside Outdoors (TO) is a youth and community charity that aims to encourage people living in disadvantaged areas of Tyneside to make more and better use of the outdoors for their health, education and enjoyment.
What skills do I need?
Volunteers in this role will be reliable and trustworthy individuals able to take responsibility for their own professional approach to the role and the organisation.
Volunteers will remain courteous in their role and report any difficulties to their line manager.
Volunteers will need a high degree of professionalism when dealing with enquiries and contact with other organisations.
Volunteers should possess a good level of business administration and ICT knowledge and skills, including the use of collaborative software, cloud storage and internet security.
A high level of trust and reliability is essential for the role.
- Age restrictions
- Child Protection Policy (where relevant)
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Approx 1 to 2 hrs per week plus quarterly meetings.
This opportunity has no specific location.
Percy Hedley Foundation
FODI Friends of the Drop-In for Asylum Seekers and Refugees
Healthwatch North Tyneside
Meadow Well Connected NT
The Richmond Fellowship