Your day-to-day tasks may include:
· raising plants from seeds or cuttings
· digging, planting and weeding flower beds and borders
· pruning shrubs and trees
· checking the health of plants and controlling pests
· using machinery like lawn mowers and hedge trimmers
· looking after the appearance of plants and the surrounding landscape
· cleaning and maintaining equipment
About The Cedarwood Trust
The Cedarwood Trust is a community development charity working on the Meadow Well Estate of North Tyneside a community full of untapped energy and creativity which is hampered by the levels of poverty and income deprivation it experiences. We believe that the community have the resources themselves to make a lasting difference and we work to raise confidences and aspirations in order to change lives.
Much of our work is focused upon those experiencing the highest levels of poverty including over 60’s and young families.
The Meadow Well Estate is often seen, from the outside, in negative terms, particularly relating to income deprivation and poverty – these are major challenges for us all at the Cedarwood Trust but we aim to also celebrate all that is good within the Meadow Well Estate.
We work together to make our cause known, to reach out to other groups who share our vision. Whether you’re ready to lend a hand at one of our activities or have photos or articles to share about a recent event, here’s the place to do it.
The Cedarwood Trust is a company limited by guarantee and its governing document is its memorandum and articles of association.
The company is a company limited by guarantee not having a share capital, registered number 4855747 (England and Wales). It is a registered charity, the number being 1100530.
What skills do I need?
You will need:
· To be thorough and pay attention to detail
· patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
· the ability to work well with others
· ambition and a desire to succeed
· sensitivity and understanding
· physical skills like movement, coordination, dexterity and grace
· the ability to work well with your hands
customer service skills
- Age restrictions
- Child Protection Policy (where relevant)
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Vulnerable Adults Policy (where relevant)
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 01/09/2020
End Date: 01/09/2021
The Cedarwood Trust
Pearey House Centre For Visually Impaired
The Cedarwood Trust
North Tyneside Citizens Advice Bureau
North Tyneside VODA