Good Neighbours Shopping Volunteer - Tier 1
The Good Neighbours project recruits, trains and supports volunteers to carry out a variety of practical tasks commonly associated with those carried out by a ‘good neighbour’. In light of the COVID-19 outbreak we scaled up our Good Neighbours project to help meet increased need in the community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
It is essential that people who are self-isolating still have access to essential items. These people might be isolating due to illness or as a precautionary measure. VODA is working with North Tyneside Council and local community groups to identify vulnerable residents who desperately need this support.
We are looking for volunteers that we can call upon to help with the following tasks:
- Collecting and delivering pre-paid ‘Click and Collect’ shopping
- Delivering emergency food packs
- Collecting and delivering prescriptions
This role will not involve volunteers handling any money or having any direct contact with the beneficiary. This is essential to safeguard both the volunteer and the beneficiary
About North Tyneside VODA
North Tyneside VODA supports volunteers and voluntary and community sector organisations across the borough of North Tyneside. We provide support, advice on training on a range of topics including starting and setting up a group, governance issues, charity law, funding, finance, involving volunteers and more.
What skills do I need?
WE WANT TIER 1 VOLUNTEERS TO:
- Help beneficiaries with their shopping, food packs and/or prescriptions
- Be flexible and understand that a person’s plan may need to adjust
- Refer to VODA for signposting if someone needs support in other areas
- Fill in a report on Volunteero to keep the Good Neighbours Team up to date.
To help us route your application appropriately, it would be helpful if you could answer the following questions in your application:
Do you have a current DBS check? (please note, a DBS is not essential for this role, but may be of benefit for other relevant roles)
Do you have access to a car? (please note, a car is not essential)
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Vulnerable Adults Policy (where relevant)
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Flexible arranged around your availability and the beneficiaries needs.
This opportunity has no specific location.
MHA Communities North Tyneside
The Cedarwood Trust
Age UK North Tyneside
North Tyneside VODA