Homeless support worker
Your role will include:
- Helping residents with their tenancy such as helping them with forms
- Teaching life skills such as cooking
- Sharing the Christian faith when it is appropriate
- Signposting to external agencies when needed
- Supporting the resident to obtain work, training or volunteering
- Listening to the residents
About Yeshua Fellowship House
Our purpose is to demonstrate the love of Jesus through the relief of poverty.
What skills do I need?
Ideally you will:
Have a minimum of Level 2 English and maths
Be a good listener
Be able to communicate in a variety of ways
An enhanced DBS on the update service (We can obtain one for you)
Some homes will have disabled access but in some there won’t be.
- Age restrictions
- Child Protection Policy (where relevant)
- DBS check required
Can be provided.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Travel expenses are covered
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
Volunteers will have a contact person. We will also provide training
- Training provided
Safeguarding, housing, and counselling training will be available where appropriate.
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Vulnerable Adults Policy (where relevant)
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
At the resident’s home. The application process is open to all who are sympathetic to the ethos of the project.
Friends Action North East
North East Homeless NEH
Independent Visitor Service North Tyneside Council