One to One Volunteer
• Mentoring people who are affected by Substance Misuse, providing a personalised and tailored service to deliver real life changing outcomes for clients.
• Run and facilitate group work, promoting an environment of inclusivity where all attendees can engage and participate.
• Build and maintain rapport with clients, assessing need and barriers and taking steps to resolve them for or with the client
• Ensure clients are provided with appropriate standards of support and motivation on an end to end basis, whilst treating each as an individual and adjusting your response accordingly.
• Act professionally at all times, maintaining confidentiality.
• Complete and maintain all records and other documentation to a high standard.
• Assist partner agencies as necessary in carrying out specialist services for or with the client, including in a community setting.
• Attend case review meetings as necessary including with partner agencies
• Treat everybody as an individual, respecting equality and diversity.
• Working with health and fitness professionals to encourage and support local residents in positive life changes and opportunities.
• Working opportunistically to engage clients in social, housing, education and other services.
• Act as an ambassador for NERAF
You will be receive training on;-
• Comprehensive Induction
• Motivational Interviewing
• Brief intervention
• Outcome Star Training
• Safe Reduction
• Filing Training
• Relevant internal and external training as required for the role
• Equal Ops training
About Achieve with Neraf CRC
Achieve with NERAF is an independent charity established to enable positive lifestyle change and recovery to people affected by alcohol or drug misuse. We do this by providing a very personalised service, recognising that everybody is unique with individual needs. We will make you feel welcome, listen to your story and then work with you to help you achieve what matters to you. We take pride in working “with” you rather than doing what we do “to” you.
We provide support in group sessions or via our unique 1-2-1 coaching and mentoring service where you will work with your own recovery coach for as long as you need to. In addition we provide the same high level of service to families of those affected by substance misuse, again recognising that each family is different rather than giving you an off the shelf package. After all, Families matter too, right?
NERAF take pride in recruiting volunteers, peers and staff who have been through an addiction, or have cared for someone with addiction themselves.
NERAF is there to support everyone in a unique way to meet their own personal needs, in a non judgemental way.
What skills do I need?
• Ability to communicate with clients, other professionals and organisations in a competent and confident manner
• Knowledge/understanding of Substance Misuse Issues
• Good Interpersonal Skills
• Discretion and confidentiality
• Listening Skills
• Good people Skills
• Good problem Solving Skills
• Good organisational skills
• A basic knowledge of ICT
• Ability to motivate and develop clients, including hard to reach people
• Previous experience of voluntary work
• Good sense of humour
• Previous one to one experience
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 27/02/2018
End Date: 27/07/2020