Online sales Volunteer
Do you know your way around online sales websites?
Have you got an interest in researching and listing unusual or sought-after items? Or maybe you could help us promote our donated stock via the web to reach more customers online? We require curious people to help us with our online sales and sell a range of donated items on various websites, allowing customers to raise life-saving funds from home. We’ve got dedicated resources to help and assist you with this unique volunteering role. Research the value of our most exciting donations, photograph them for online auction, or package them up to be sold at our online sales HQ.
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers. Our team is welcoming and friendly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
Typical tasks include: •
• Photographing items for listing on various online selling sites
• Researching donated items, to gather as much information on unusual items before listing them online – investigative work required!
• Getting involved in uploading as much practical information about goods for sale
• Packing and posting items to be sent to our online sales HQ / delivered to customers
• Helping the Manager to handle online queries from customers
You get a lot from volunteering too:
• A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
• The feel-good factor of helping the British Heart Foundation beat heartbreak forever
• The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
• Gain valuable online selling experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
• Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle around your other commitments
• Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Manager
• 25% volunteer discount on donated goods
About British Heart Foundation – South Shields Furniture & Electrical Store
Our vision is a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. We raise money to research cures and treatments, so we can beat heartbreak forever.
South Shields Furniture and Electrical store vital raises funds for life saving research
What skills do I need?
The ability to carry out the tasks in the role details above.
- Age restrictions
- Child Protection Policy (where relevant)
- DBS check required
we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Vulnerable Adults Policy (where relevant)
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 21/06/2021
End Date: 21/06/2023
2 ocean rd
PDSA Whitley Bay
Pearey House Centre For Visually Impaired
British Heart Foundation – South Shields Furniture & Electrical Store
The Cedarwood Trust
British Red Cross