Session support volunteer
We need volunteers for sessions, Monday to Friday in school holidays, and flexi in term time. We especially need volunteers interested in supporting children with activities, with support.
The sessions are sensory orientated and currently for 5-8yr olds, with sensory difficulties. If the children normally require specific support, the parent/guardian has to also attend.
As a volunteer session support, we would like you to help the session leader with setting up activities, be an additional support in the delivery of activities, and ensuring the safety of the children. If the volunteer observes anything that is of concern or a safety risk, they must report it to the supervisor straight away. You will not be left unattended with the children.
In-house training will be given.
In the school holidays: Sensactivity run sessions 11am til 3pm Monday to Friday, and lunch is included.
In term time sessions run according to demand, at present.
A caring and responsible attitude is required. DBS check desirable but not essential immediately for holiday club etc. You will always be supervised by someone with a DBS and in-house training will be given initially.
If volunteer wishes to continue with Sensactivity, a DBS check will be required, Sensactivity will support you with that.
Public transport will be reimbursed and lunch provided as requested. Drinks and snacks always available.
About Creative Minds/Sensactivity CIC
Sensactivity is a sensory centre, set up by Creative Minds. We provide sensory orientated activities, promote social inclusion and raise awareness for people of all ages, living with sensory difficulties. We have:- ● Children's activity sessions age 5-8, where parents drop off and pick up. ●Family sessions, where single bubbles, with no more than two households, can book sessions. ●Adult support groups.
What skills do I need?
- Must be 18yrs + for safeguarding reasons.
- An interest in child care and sensory difficulties ie autism, ADHD are required, with a patient and calm attitude, and respect for families.
- Experience personally or professionally, also desirable.
- Caring and considerate, with the ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with Sensactivities policies and procedures, including COVID regulations, are required, however, support will be given.
- Reliability and punctuality are essential in maintaining, the smooth running of sensory sessions, for vulnerable children.
- DBS and any relevant qualifications would be fantastic, but not essential at this stage.
- Age restrictions
- Child Protection Policy (where relevant)
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Public transport will be reimbursed and lunch is provided.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
We will guide and support volunteers With requirements asked of us, with the aim being that they can learn and develop their skills.
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Vulnerable Adults Policy (where relevant)
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Christmas holidays, starting 20/12/2021. Ongoing opportunities also available.
MHA Communities North Tyneside
North Tyneside VODA