Social media and web volunteer for NCT North Tyneside
• Setting up and/or maintaining parent facing social media accounts.
• Making sure that parents have access to information they need
• Answering any messages that come through via Facebook
• Creating content for the team's social media channels.
• Advertising volunteering opportunities and local events
• Keeping up to date with NCT’s campaigns and promoting this across the different channels
• Thinking of new ways to drive online engagement.
• Identifying target audiences and being up to date with current trends.
About National Childbirth Trust
The national charity for pregnancy, birth and early parenthood.
Our mission is to support parents through the first 1,000 days to have the best possible experience of pregnancy, birth and early parenthood.
We achieve our mission though three interconnected aims:
Sharing evidence-based knowledge to support parents to make informed decisions.
Creating networks of vital support and life-long friendship.
Campaigning on the issues that matter most to families throughout their early experiences of becoming a parent.
Every year, we support thousands of expectant and new parents across the UK and Channel Islands to feel more connected and confident during this major life transition.
We provide evidence-based information on our website, which is accessed over six million times a year. We support parents through antenatal and postnatal courses, attended by over 100,000 expectant and new parents. Our national network of volunteers support over half a million parents through free community-based activities and events. NCT breastfeeding counsellors support thousands of parents via our free infant feeding line and in homes, community drop-ins and services. We also provide a range of funded peer support programmes to support women and families facing specific challenges, such as social isolation or poor mental health.
What skills do I need?
Commitment to NCTs values and policies
Experience of using Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and updating web pages.
Good written communication skills
Keen to be part of a team but motivated to complete tasks independently
A professional non judgmental manner when communicating online
Home based, adjustments can be made
- Age restrictions
- Child Protection Policy (where relevant)
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Vulnerable Adults Policy (where relevant)
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Flexible - approx 2 hours a week
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.
National Childbirth Trust
Altering Images of Mentality (AIM) Group
Safe Families for Children