· Would you like to help improve the quality of life for carers in North Tyneside?
· Are you passionate about ensuring that the voices of carers are heard?
· Are you a positive, driven and committed individual?
At this exciting time of development, we are looking for a new trustee to join our existing team to ensure that North Tyneside Carers’ Centre carries out its charitable purposes and delivers its strategic plan.
Established in 1994 as an independent charity, we provide support and services that enable carers to: sustain their own wellbeing alongside caring; overcome the barriers they face on a daily basis; build confidence and self-esteem and achieve their full potential.
About North Tyneside Carers' Centre
Our professionally trained team offer information, advice and guidance which is individually tailored to meet carers needs. North Tyneside Carers' Centre offers a wide range of services including:-' Emotional support' Practical support' Advocacy ' Benefits advice' Training to help you in your caring role such as handling a wheelchair of dealing with aggressive behaviour' Regular newsletters and information to advise you about local and national issues affecting carers.' Support through the carer assessment process' Support for carers in employment or those wishing to return to work/employment/training' Support groups (including mental health, ADHD)' Social activities and events' Carer respite' Counselling' Carers Forum' Young carers project' Aromatherapy
What skills do I need?
Ideally you will:
· have a background in marketing and communcations
· have a strong commitment to the ethos and values of the Centre
· bring your time, energy and commitment to work in the best interests of the organisation.
For further information or to request an application pack please contact: Claire Easton on (0191) 643 2298 or email email@example.com
or visit our website www.northtynesidecarers.org.uk
- Age restrictions
- Child Protection Policy (where relevant)
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Vulnerable Adults Policy (where relevant)
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 29/06/2020
End Date: 29/06/2021
This opportunity has no specific location.
Achieve with Neraf CRC
St Luke's Church Lunch Club
Parents And Communities Together (PACT)
The Cedarwood Trust
Pathways 4 All