Our Volunteer Coordinators are responsible for helping us to recruit, replace, manage and retrain our volunteers. You will help identify and develop volunteering opportunities, within the organisation. The role is integral to the efficient delivery of various services across our major events and activities. Taking the step to volunteer with our team opens up an array of opportunities for different experiences and interaction with the Team and your community. As a volunteer, you are given the training, support and confidence to feel ready in your role.
What you could be doing...
● Volunteer recruitment process, including advertising campaign, interviewing, induction and training
● Main point of contact for new volunteers
● Support and encourage volunteers, maintaining regular contact
● Monitor performance of volunteers and their volunteering experience
What's in it for you
● Free uniform
● Free training and continuing education programme in all skills and clinical skills relating to your volunteer role. All training to be provided by XL Health and can be negotiated depending on your individual role
● Recognition for your volunteering and community contribution
● Access to benefits including corporate discounts and other ad hoc offers and specials
About XL Health
We offer health, safety & care related training, medical and welfare services for events and organisations, as well as a range of Covid19 testing and support services.
We have a Health Hub Bus which can visit events and businesses to assist with providing health services or delivering health and safety messages.
We aim to develop a robust community engagement strategy and to build relationships with local community partners and service providers. Our new base in Jarrow will become a community hub, where we can offer space and facilities to local groups, volunteers, charities and small businesses,
What skills do I need?
● Are you over the age of 18 and able to volunteer in a professional organisation?
● Are you friendly with a strong desire to help others?
● Can you easily volunteer solo or as part of a team?
● Are you able to perform physical duties such as lifting boxes (maximum of 10 kgs)?
● The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
● Administrative experience, attention to detail
● Great communication skills
● initiative, enthusiasm and a flexible approach to tasks
● Positive, professional, friendly attitude
● Recruitment and administrative support in an office environment
● GCSE level qualifications or equivalent
● DBS (obtained within the last six months)
Skills you will develop
● Team work
● Interpersonal skills
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Expenses reimbursed
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 14/06/2021
End Date: 14/06/2022
We would hope that volunteers may volunteer for approximately 10 hours per week.
Unit 14 – Pride Media Centre,
Newcastle Upon Tyne