As a volunteer driver you will
be based at our North East Hub with regular travel across the region and to our
Hub in West Yorkshire. You will play a
vital role supporting staff health and
wellbeing by delivering and transferring items to our teams and sites. A
fully insured vehicle is provided for this role.
Taking the step to volunteer with our team opens up an array of opportunities for different experiences and interaction with the Team and your community. As a volunteer, you are given the training, support and confidence to feel ready in your role to help the local community.
What you’ll be doing …
● Transfer items from a central hub into vehicle for delivery
● Drive between sites to agreed services and teams, unload items and delivering them to our teams or services
Whats in it for you
● Free uniform
● Free training and continuing education programme in all skills and clinical skills relating to your volunteer role. All training to be provided by XL Health and can be negotiated depending on your individual role
● Recognition for your volunteering and community contribution
● Access to benefits including corporate discounts and other ad hoc offers and specials
About XL Health
We offer health, safety & care related training, medical and welfare services for events and organisations, as well as a range of Covid19 testing and support services.
We have a Health Hub Bus which can visit events and businesses to assist with providing health services or delivering health and safety messages.
We aim to develop a robust community engagement strategy and to build relationships with local community partners and service providers. Our new base in Jarrow will become a community hub, where we can offer space and facilities to local groups, volunteers, charities and small businesses,
What skills do I need?
● Are you over the age of 21
● Over 2 years driving experience?
● Are you friendly with a strong desire to help others?
● Can you easily work solo or as part of a team?
● Are you able to perform physical duties such as lifting boxes (maximum of 10 kgs)
Experience, behaviours and Qualifications
● Clean driving licence
● able to drive with over 2 years driving experience
● Self motivated with an ability to think on your feet
● Basic manual handling, you will need to load and unload vehicle
● Punctual and dependable
● The ability to work independently or as part of a team
● Great communication skills
● Initiative, enthusiasm and a flexible approach to tasks
● Positive, professional, friendly attitude
● You must have a standard criminal record check (DBS) for this role (completed within the last 3 years) or the service will have agreed to sign a DBS Waiver
Skills you will develop
● Team work
● Interpersonal skills
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Expenses reimbursed
- Training provided
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 14/06/2021
End Date: 14/06/2022
This opportunity has no specific location.