Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator
As a Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator, you’ll generate ideas for fundraising, help set up and prepare for fundraising events. Oversee volunteer fundraisers and help run the events.
Taking the step to volunteer with our team opens up an array of opportunities for different experiences and interaction with the Team and your community. As a volunteer, you are given the training, support and confidence to feel ready in your role to help the local community.
What you could be doing ...
● Generating and researching ideas for fundraising opportunities, including venues and suppliers
● Working with volunteers and staff to generate fundraising ideas
● Organising events, designing promotional material and mailshots
● Run and attend fundraising events
● Maintaining contact with sponsors and donors to help us keep momentum on our fundraising activity
What's in it for you
● Free uniform
● Free training and continuing education programme in all skills and clinical skills relating to your volunteer role. All training to be provided by XL Health and can be negotiated depending on your individual role
● Recognition for your volunteering and community contribution
● Access to benefits including corporate discounts and other ad hoc offers and specials
About XL Health
We offer health, safety & care related training, medical and welfare services for events and organisations, as well as a range of Covid19 testing and support services.
We have a Health Hub Bus which can visit events and businesses to assist with providing health services or delivering health and safety messages.
We aim to develop a robust community engagement strategy and to build relationships with local community partners and service providers. Our new base in Jarrow will become a community hub, where we can offer space and facilities to local groups, volunteers, charities and small businesses,
What skills do I need?
● Are you over the age of 18 and able to work in a professional organisation?
● Are you friendly with a strong desire to help others?
● Do you have experience of fundraising?
● Can you easily work solo or as part of a team
● Fundraising and event management
● Initiative, enthusiasm and a flexible approach to tasks
● The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
● Administrative experience, attention to detail
● Great communication skills
● Positive, professional, friendly attitude
● Design promotional material
● GCSE level qualifications
● DBS (obtained within the last six months)
Skills you will develop
● Team work
● Interpersonal skills
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Training provided
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 14/06/2021
End Date: 14/06/2022
We hope that someone may be able to volunteer in this role for approximately 5 hours per week.
This opportunity has no specific location.
North Tyneside Carers' Centre
Friends Action North East
National Childbirth Trust
PDSA Whitley Bay
Independent Visitor Service North Tyneside Council