The role will be to help us in the general
upkeep and maintenance of our buildings, there may be some decorating and
gardening involved too. You will be volunteering alongside other volunteers in a friendly and enthusiastic team in a
very pleasant environment. This is a
great opportunity to practice & build on your skills, as well as on your
experience, in building maintenance. Taking the step to volunteer with our team
opens up an array of opportunities for different experiences and interaction
with the Team and your community. As a
volunteer, you are given the training, support and confidence to feel ready in
What you could be doing...
● General building and gardening maintenance
● Regular check of facilities, noting and reporting any issues
● Moving furniture, setting up rooms for community/volunteer groups
What's in it for you
● Free uniform
● Free training and continuing education programme in all skills and clinical skills relating to your volunteer role. All training to be provided by XL Health and can be negotiated depending on your individual role
● Recognition for your volunteering and community contribution
● Access to benefits including corporate discounts and other ad hoc offers and specials
About XL Health
We offer health, safety & care related training, medical and welfare services for events and organisations, as well as a range of Covid19 testing and support services.
We have a Health Hub Bus which can visit events and businesses to assist with providing health services or delivering health and safety messages.
We aim to develop a robust community engagement strategy and to build relationships with local community partners and service providers. Our new base in Jarrow will become a community hub, where we can offer space and facilities to local groups, volunteers, charities and small businesses,
What skills do I need?
● Are you over the age of 18 and able to work in a professional organisation?
● Do you have building and gardening maintenance skills?
● Are you friendly with a strong desire to help others?
● Can you easily work solo or as part of a team?
● Are you able to perform physical duties such as lifting boxes (maximum of 10 kgs)?
Experience, behaviours and Qualifications
● Competent in basic maintenance, including gardening, painting and decorating
● Physically able to carry out allocated tasks
● The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
● initiative, enthusiasm and a flexible approach to tasks
● Positive, professional, friendly attitude with great communication skills
Skills you will develop
● Team work
● Interpersonal skills
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Expenses reimbursed
- Training provided
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 14/06/2021
End Date: 14/06/2022
This opportunity has no specific location.
North Tyneside VODA
BEACH ACCESS NORTH EAST
Independent Visitor Service North Tyneside Council
National Childbirth Trust
MHA Communities North Tyneside