VOLUNTEER TO SUPPORT THE LOAN OF ACCESS EQUIPMENT by APPOINTMENT
Volunteers can volunteer for one role or more than one role.
· To assist a BEACH ACCESS at either Blyth and or Whitley Bay. We need volunteers to be on hand for half or full days, at our storage containers, on a rota basis. To raise the profile of our service by handing out flyers and showing our equipment to the general public, and to loan out equipment when required. Volunteers are not expected to push the wheelchairs, or to transfer users. Full training will be given.
· The majority of our calls request a chair in advance so the arrangement to match a user up with a volunteer is by appointment so just occasional - this would be set up by email Facebook message or phone. The more volunteers we have the less often we will call on them. The client will make an appointment and we will arrange to match them up with a volunteer who can facilitate the loan. We can pay expenses if there is traveling involved.
About BEACH ACCESS NORTH EAST
Primarily to relieve the needs of people with a physical limitation by supplying, operating and maintaining all terrain wheelchairs, together with associated items for use on North East Beaches, recreation venues and beauty spots, to enable equal access for people of all ages with a physical limitation. For use by individuals, local organisations and charities who work with people with physical limitations.
Volunteers to support the free loan of beach access equipment. Providing freedom of movement for individuals who would not otherwise have access to our local beaches.
What skills do I need?
Training will be given regarding logging out of equipment, basic maintenance and checking of equipment. Checks on Clients will be made prior to the appointment.
- Age restrictions
- Child Protection Policy (where relevant)
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
RISK ASSESSMENTS, COVID POLICY
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Vulnerable Adults Policy (where relevant)
When can I volunteer?
National Childbirth Trust
North Tyneside Citizens Advice Bureau
North Tyneside VODA
Altering Images of Mentality (AIM) Group
The Cedarwood Trust