This is an opportunity for grassroots groups that work with and support residents across Northumberland and Tyne & Wear in raising awareness of suicide prevention and promoting positive mental health.
Desired outcomes of the fund:
- Build resilience to mental health problems in local communities.
- Promoting positive mental health in local communities.
- Reduce the stigma of self-harm and suicide.
- Increase the community-based support for those at risk of suicide, including high risk groups.
- Reduce the incidence of self-harm and repeated self-harm.
- Reduce the impact of self-harm and suicide.
The fund is available through the work of the Northern Sub Regional Suicide Prevention Group which is a multi-agency partnership and includes people with lived experience. It is one of three sub-regional Integrated Care Partnerships (ICPs) groups working to the Regional Zero Suicide Ambition – Every Life Matters Steering Group, established to develop and deliver local suicide prevention plans and mental health improvement activity in the area. The partnership covers the 6 Local Authority areas of Sunderland, South Tyneside, Northumberland, North Tyneside, Newcastle and Gateshead.
For more information and application material contact Suzanne Sleeth firstname.lastname@example.org
Grants of up to £5,000. VCSE.
Deadline: 30 November