The John D Fund at the Community Foundation supports creative activities for young people aged 8 to 19 years. Grant requests of between £750 to £2,500 are considered from registered charities and voluntary community projects based in Tyne & Wear or Northumberland. Focus is to encourage young people to enjoy their free time and which could inspire them to take up a creative hobby.
To apply for funding, your charity or constituted community group must meet the following criteria:
- Recognised voluntary community group or charity within the Tyne & Wear or Northumberland area.
- Fun, creative artistic projects that encourage children and young people, aged 8 to 19 years, to enjoy their free time and may be inspired to take up a creative hobby.
- Out of school projects only and NOT IN ANYWAY linked to accreditations or exams.
- Project must be at a stage where it can start within 3 months of receiving the grant.
- The funding must be used for a specific project – not just a donation to a larger project cost. i.e. full project budget should be between £750 and no more than £2,500.
Deadline: 21 June, 12pm