If you already support or would like to involve volunteers in your organisation or group, our Volunteer Centre can provide the following services to all public, voluntary and community organisations operating within North Tyneside:
- Opportunity Promotion: Promotion of your volunteering opportunities on our Volunteer Plus database, through our printed and online communications and via face-to-face meetings with potential volunteers.
- One-to-one support: to identify new volunteering opportunities within your organisation, discuss policies and procedures and best practice
- North Tyneside Volunteer Network: A quarterly peer support group for volunteer-involving organisations
Promote a volunteering opportunity through VODA
VODA provides the North Tyneside voluntary and community sector with free support to promote their volunteering roles. We host an online, searchable database of volunteering opportunities at voda.org.uk/search for public access, as well as sharing updates via our North Tyneside Volunteer Centre Facebook page and e-bulletin.
If you have volunteering opportunities you’d like to promote on our database and our Facebook page, please complete the forms below or contact us at [email protected].
- Register your organisation: Click here to register your organisation with the Volunteer Centre
- Register your opportunities: Click here to access an Opportunity Registration Form – this can be completed for each opportunity you have available. Please ensure you add all information that is relevant to the volunteers to the form.
Alternatively, if your roles are being advertised by Newcastle Volunteer Centre, please let us know at [email protected] and we can ask them for the information.
If you have any questions or would like any support to complete the forms, we’d be happy to help. Please call 0191 6432626, or email [email protected].
Organisation Health Check
Organisation health checks are an increasingly accepted way of identifying how your organisation really works and, whilst primarily aimed a smaller organisations, they can be used as a starting point for larger organisations.
We have designed this Health Check Tool for organisations to help you asses what your organisation is doing well and any areas for improvement. The first part of the tool deals with volunteering and the extent to which you have the policies and procedures in place to support your volunteers. VODA can help you to complete the volunteering check and our team is available to discuss how best to support your group’s development