If you already support or would like to involve volunteers in your organisation or group, our Volunteer Centre provides the following services to all public, voluntary and community organisations operating within North Tyneside:
- Opportunity Promotion: Promotion of your volunteering opportunities on our Volunteer Plus database, through our printed and online communications and via face-to-face meetings with potential volunteers.
- One-to-one support: to identify new volunteering opportunities within your organisation, discuss policies and procedures and best practice
- North Tyneside Volunteer Network: A quarterly peer support group for volunteer-involving organisations
Vision for Volunteering
The vision explores how volunteering must adapt and evolve across five key themes in order to navigate the challenges ahead, and continue to create positive change in our communities.
More than 350 people from over 300 organisations contributed to the Vision for Volunteering.
The Vision for Volunteering five key themes:
- Awareness and appreciation of volunteering
- Equity and inclusion
The Quick Guide to Volunteer Management
Aimed at Volunteer Managers, the Quick Guide to Volunteer Management provides an introduction to key topics in volunteer involvement. Each section contains links to further guidance (internal and external) as well as resources on the Elements Training Portal and other training resources.
Using digital to support your volunteers
These guides provide you with an overview of how to utilise digital tools to support your volunteers.
Promote a volunteering opportunity through VODA
VODA provides the North Tyneside voluntary and community sector with free support to promote their volunteering roles. We host an online, searchable database of volunteering opportunities at voda.org.uk/search for public access, and share updates via our North Tyneside Volunteer Centre Facebook page and e-bulletin.
If you have volunteering opportunities you’d like to promote on our database and our Facebook page, please complete the forms below or contact us at [email protected] and one of the team will be in touch.
- Register your organisation: Click here to register your organisation with the Volunteer Centre
- Register your opportunities: Click here to access an Opportunity Registration Form – this can be completed for each opportunity you have available. Please ensure you add all information that is relevant to the volunteers to the form.
Newcastle Volunteer Centre: please let us know if you already have your role advertised with the Newcastle Volunteer Centre and will will be able to obtain the role information from them. Email [email protected].
The Volunteer Centre team is happy to answer any questions you may have, or provide you with support to complete the forms. Please call 0191 6432626, or email [email protected].
Organisation Health Check
Organisation health checks are an increasingly accepted way of identifying how your organisation really works and, whilst primarily aimed a smaller organisations, they can be used as a starting point for larger organisations.
We have designed this Health Check Tool for organisations to help you asses what your organisation is doing well and any areas for improvement. The first part of the tool deals with volunteering and the extent to which you have the policies and procedures in place to support your volunteers. VODA can help you to complete the volunteering check and our team is available to discuss how best to support your group’s development