The Wellbank Foundation is a small, family-run, grant-making charity that supports registered charities based in the North East of England. It wants to back initiatives that improve people’s lives and help them reach their full potential, and is offering grants of between £500 and £25,000.
Applicant organisations should be helping people who are disadvantaged, whether due to financial, health or other reasons. The foundation is particularly keen to support projects that provide educational, sporting or environmental benefits but will consider applications not covering these areas as long as they meet the Foundations other criteria.
Organisations must be based in the North East and have a turnover of no more than £1m. Funding sought must:
- be for the benefit of a number of residents of the North East that are disadvantaged by reason of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other socio-economic basis
- be for a planned project/spend (retrospective funding is not eligible)
- not be for a research project
- not be for the advancement or benefit of a religious or political cause
- Will fund contributions to (sub) projects, including capital or equipment but will not fund organisational core/running costs
Projects that can deliver a long-lasting impact on the people supported are encouraged.
Applications should be downloaded from the website and returned by email. Whilst the trustees meet quarterly, they may be able to shorten the process if there is a pressing reason to do so but you will need to make this clear in your application.
The Foundation has funded up to 4 applications per quarter to date and is encouraging applications from the North Tyneside area.