The new volunteers will join the established Community Health Champion programme, which helps people make small changes that have a big impact on the activity levels of those they support.
Champions choose to support a friend, family member, work colleague, or even a community group to be more active 10 times over six months. This could be by going for a regular walk or bike ride, swimming, dancing, roller skating or anything else they choose. Champions get lots of support, plus freebies and a shopping voucher as a reward on completion.
The Active North Tyneside team will be out in the community in coming weeks to let people know about the opportunities on:
- Tuesday 4 December, 6.30pm at Cedarwood Trust
- Thursday 6 December 6.30pm at Lakeside
The team will also be at the following venues, to let people know about the This Girl Can campaign:
- Monday 3 December 6.30pm Hadrian Leisure Centre
- Tuesday 4 December 9.30am Howdon Community Centre
- Thursday 6 December 6.30pm the Parks Sport Centre
Read more here for more information about Active North Tyneside or telephone 0191 643 7171.