Urban Tree Challenge Fund

Grants are available to community and volunteer groups as well as town councils and individuals for tree planting projects in socially deprived urban and peri-urban areas in England.

The funding is being made available through the 5th round of the Forestry Commission’s Urban Tree Challenge Fund which aims to support people’s health and wellbeing by levelling-up access to nature. The fund provides 80% of standard costs for planting large trees and their establishment costs. The remaining 20% must be met through match funding. There is a minimum application value of £10,000. Payments for trial pits have been introduced in this round of funding to check for the presence of services.

The Urban Tree Challenge Fund (UTCF) has no application deadline, but it takes three to five months from submitting a valid and complete application to an agreement being offered. However, for tree planting projects in 2024/25, applications need to be submitted no later than 11.59pm on the 30th June 2024.

Apply to the Urban Tree Challenge Fund – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)


Related Posts

Sport England Movement Fund

Sport England has transformed its funding application process to make it easier for sports clubs and other organisations that help people to take part in physical activity to apply for money. The new Movement Fund simplifies funding applications and will

Read More »

Veterans’ Foundation

Armed Forces charities and other not-for-profit organisations can apply for grants of up to £70,000 to support serving armed forces personnel, veterans, operationally qualified seafarers and their immediate families. The Veteran’s Foundation will award funding for projects lasting up to

Read More »

The Allen Lane Foundation

The Allen Lane Foundation awards funding for charitable purposes, they focus on funding specific groups that experience marginalisation and/or discrimination. They aim to fund work within each of their funding programmes which: will make a lasting difference in people’s lives

Read More »

Steel Charitable Trust

Applications to Steel Charitable Trust rolling grants programme must be for charitable purposes that fall into one of the following five categories: Arts and Heritage Education Environment Health (must focus on mental health or health care for older people) Social

Read More »