Our Annual General Meeting and awards presentation took place on Tuesday 23 November at the Linskill Centre in North Shields. This was our first in-person event since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic in March 2020 and it was fantastic to be able to catch up with everyone after such a long time.
As well as a presentation of VODA’s latest annual report, annual review video and our accounts, the event featured keynote speaker Dr Dave Tomson, Clinical Director of North Shields Primary Care Network. who talked about the future of Primary Care Networks and the importance of developing strong relationships with the VCSE sector.
North Tyneside VCSE Awards
We were also delighted to announce the winners of VODA’s North Tyneside VCSE awards. We had some amazing nominations and it was a difficult job for our panel of judges to decide the winners. Congratulations to all of our winners and nominees.
- Trustee of the Year: Lisa Taylor – Out of Sight
- Young Volunteer of the Year: Joint winners David Miller & Chloe Shiels from, Out of Sight
- Young Volunteer commendation: The Shiremoor Adventure Playground Trust Young Volunteers
- Volunteer of the Year: Dawn Jobey: Little1Stop
- Voluntary Organisation of the Year: Phoenix Detached Youth Project
Sector Connector Community Friendly Business Awards
In addition, two local businesses – Jackdaw Web Design and Rain Data – were presented with their Community Friendly Business Awards by Ian Dodds, who coordinates VODA’s Sector Connector project. Read more about the Community Friendly Business Award winners here.