Part of Age UK North Tyneside’s Age Takes Centre Stage festival, which takes place in October, the awards celebrate the achievements of older people living and working in North Tyneside.
The awards are designed to recognise the accomplishments and contributions of older people to their local communities in line with the ‘Five Ways to Wellbeing’ as outlined in the categories below:
Categories for nominations:
1. Connect – in recognition of someone whose work has contributed to bringing their community together Example – setting up, supporting or running a group or activity, organising a community event/celebration, starting an initiative or project that brings people together.
2. Be Active – to celebrate someone’s sporting achievement, health and fitness milestone or overcoming barriers to improving their health and wellbeing.
Example – taking part in a sporting event e.g park run, marathon, returning to sport after an injury or health problem.
3. Take Notice – to recognise the contribution someone has made in campaigning for change and supporting the local community through an act of kindness or neighbourliness.
Example – launching or supporting a local campaign, assisting a neighbour with day to day tasks, selflessly helping others to build a better community
4. Keep Learning – in acknowledgement of someone’s educational accomplishment, skill development and learning experience.
Example – returning to college to gain a qualification, gaining a sport or fitness qualification such as fitness instructor
5. Give – to thank an individual for their fundraising triumphs or impact they have made to a local organisation through volunteering.
Example – organising and hosting a charity fundraiser, completing a fundraising challenge such as a skydive, volunteering for a local charity in North Tyneside.
• Nominations are open to individuals aged 50+
• You can only nominate someone for 1 category
The deadline for nominations is 7 September 2018.
Read more and nominate here