Patient flow volunteer - (During COVID)
Collingwood Health Group is looking for volunteers to play a key role in patient management, as the footfall into the health centres increases, due to easing of the lockdown restrictions.
Volunteering in this role will provide an essential service in helping us to manage patient flow and minimise the risk of infection.
· To meet and greet people at the front door and find out their reason for attending the health centre/surgery.
· To screen patients before entering by asking 3 specific Covid related questions.
· To direct the patient to the relevant area and inform reception of their attendance.
· As and when required, to give alternative basic advice for example, - how to drop off letters to the health centre/surgery, and alternative sources of support.
· On occasions this may include queue management and ensuring people are following social distancing guidelines.
Volunteering will take place between these times: -
Mornings from 8.30 a.m. – 11.30 am
Afternoons 2p.m. – 4.30p.m.
You can choose to volunteer either mornings or afternoons or do both if you would like to.
It would be great if you were able to do as many sessions as possible so you get to know the process well.
Where will you be based?
Collingwood Surgery – Hawkeys lane, North Shields
New York Surgery - New York Surgery, Brookland Terrace, NE29 8EA
Nelson Health Centre, Cecil street North Shields, Ne290DZ
Why volunteer with us
- You will be providing an important role in allowing us to continue with offering medical services to our patients and helping out the reception team who are being pulled away from their work stations all the time to open the doors!
- You will be part of our valued team
- Gain experience in a health environment
We can offer:
expenses, Induction and training for the role, Support from reception
staff when needed, The possibility of a reference after volunteering for
a certain period of time, Access to tea and coffee, Volunteers will be given appropriate PPE.
What skills do I need?
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to remain calm and reassure those who may be nervous about attending
This role will require a DBS check
- Age restrictions
- Child Protection Policy (where relevant)
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Vulnerable Adults Policy (where relevant)
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Mon-Fri Mornings 8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. and afternoons 2:30 p.m. -5:00 p.m.
North Tyneside VODA
MHA Communities North Tyneside
Victims First Northumbria NT
North Tyneside VODA