Treasurer - Trustee
Walking With in North Tyneside - Treasurer
About Walking With
Walking With provides relief for refugees, asylum seekers, those without status and others who are in a condition of need, hardship and distress. They provide them with a safe and welcoming place, treat them with dignity and understanding and help them stand on their own feet in our wider community.
Overall Role of the Treasurer
The Treasurer oversees the financial matters of the Charity in line with good practice and in accordance with the Charity’s constitution and legal requirements.
The Treasurer is responsible to and reports to the Board at regular intervals agreed by the Board.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Acting as a counter-signatory on charity payments-including cheques and electronic transactions;
· Liaison with the external payroll bureau to coordinate payment of salaries and advising of staffing and payroll changes;
· Payment of invoices and payroll on a timely basis;
· Preparation and presentation of budgets and monthly accounts;
· Ensuring that an up to date record of the Charity’s assets is kept and periodically examined;
· Ensuring that financial controls and systems are adhered to;
· Liaising with the Chairperson and the CEO on financial matters;
· Ensuring that the Charity’s annual accounts are prepared and are compliant with the current charities SORP (Statement of Recommended Practice) on a timely basis;
· Liaising with the Independent Examiner of the accounts to ensure timely review and reporting on the financial statements.
About Walking With
For 18 years our charity Walking With has provided relief for refugees, asylum seekers, those without status and others who are in a condition of need, hardship and distress. We provide them with a safe and welcoming place, treat them with dignity and understanding and help them stand on their own feet in our wider community.
What skills do I need?
Ideally the applicant will be a qualified and experienced accountant.
- Age restrictions
- Child Protection Policy (where relevant)
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Vulnerable Adults Policy (where relevant)
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Meadow Well Connected NT
North Tyneside Citizens Advice Bureau
Independent Advocacy North East