Volunteer Support Officer Admin
Our Volunteer Support Officers are responsible
for a wide variety of tasks, providing administrative support, updating and monitoring
information. The role is integral to the
efficient delivery of various services across our major events and
activities. The role works hand in hand
with our Event and Health Services team.
Taking the step to volunteer with our team opens up an array of opportunities for different experiences and interaction with the Team and your community. As a volunteer, you are given the training, support and confidence to feel ready in your role to help the local community.
What you could be doing...
● Keep records up to date
● Organise and maintain paper and electronic filing systems, so that information can be found with ease
● Maintain and update charity contact lists
● Monitor organisational deadlines
● Engage in any other related administration tasks such as mailings and producing reports
What's in it for you
● Free uniform
● Free training and continuing education programme in all skills and clinical skills relating to your volunteer role. All training to be provided by XL Health and can be negotiated depending on your individual role
● Recognition for your volunteering and community contribution
● Access to benefits including corporate discounts and other ad hoc offers and specials
About XL Health
We offer health, safety & care related training, medical and welfare services for events and organisations, as well as a range of Covid19 testing and support services.
We have a Health Hub Bus which can visit events and businesses to assist with providing health services or delivering health and safety messages.
We aim to develop a robust community engagement strategy and to build relationships with local community partners and service providers. Our new base in Jarrow will become a community hub, where we can offer space and facilities to local groups, volunteers, charities and small businesses,
What skills do I need?
● Are you over the age of 18
● Are you friendly with a strong desire to help others?
● Can you easily work solo or as part of a team?
● Are you able to perform physical duties such as lifting boxes (maximum of 10 kgs)?
Experience, behaviours and Qualifications
● The ability to volunteer autonomously and as part of a team
● Administrative experience, attention to detail
● Great communication skills
● initiative, enthusiasm and a flexible approach to tasks
● Positive, professional, friendly attitude
● Experience of providing administrative support in an office environment
● GCSE level qualifications or equivalent
● DBS (obtained within the last six months)
Skills you will develop
● Team work
● Interpersonal skills
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Expenses reimbursed
- Training provided
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 14/06/2021
End Date: 14/06/2022
This opportunity has no specific location.
National Childbirth Trust
Friends Action North East
Independent Advocacy North East