North Tyneside Council, VODA and the North Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) have been working together to refresh the North Tyneside Better Together Strategy.
The strategy was first developed in 2015, setting out how North Tyneside Council and the voluntary and community sector would work together to build strong and sustainable partnerships. Since then, a number of positive outcomes have been achieved to increase capacity within the VCS, improve engagement between the two sectors and involve VCS organisations in decision making.
The Better Together strategy has now been widened to include North Tyneside CCG and VODA with an ambition to achieve the following outcomes over the next three years:
- increasing the capacity of VCS organisations to adapt and thrive in times of diminishing resources and increasing demand
- supporting residents to play a more active role in managing their own health and wellbeing, as well as the health and wellbeing of their local communities
- ensuring every resident has the opportunity to contribute to their community through volunteering and social action
- supporting systems that facilitate positive engagement and collaborative working between all partners
- supporting the VCS to have a strong and meaningful role in influencing policy by speaking up on behalf of the people they represent.
We welcome your thoughts on this strategy, which will also be discussed at September’s Working with the VCS event.