Good Neighbours DIY Volunteer
The Good Neighbours project recruits, trains and supports volunteers to carry out a variety of
practical tasks commonly associated with those carried out by a ‘good neighbour’. Now
restrictions are lifting we are keen to start up the DIY side of our project again, helping local
residents with tasks in and around the house. In line with the current government guidelines, a volunteering role has been developed to
help local residents in North Tyneside with DIY jobs in and around the house. These tasks
range from changing a light bulb to putting up a bird box, all in all simple jobs and repairs. See
the full list of jobs that we will be offering below. The role of a DIY volunteer will be to provide
practical help around the house and a friendly chat. VODA and the Good Neighbours project
are seeking to recruit volunteers with the suitable DIY skills and compassion.
About North Tyneside VODA
North Tyneside VODA supports volunteers and voluntary and community sector organisations across the borough of North Tyneside. We provide support, advice on training on a range of topics including starting and setting up a group, governance issues, charity law, funding, finance, involving volunteers and more.
What skills do I need?
WE WANT DIY VOLUNTEERS TO:
- Help beneficiaries with simple DIY jobs and repairs around the house
- Be flexible and understand that a person’s plan may need to adjust
- Refer to VODA for signposting if someone needs support in other areas
- Bring their own equipment necessary for the task to reduce the chance of transmitting the virus. Any special products will be sourced by the beneficiary.
- Fill in a report on Volunteero to keep the Good Neighbours Team up to date.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Vulnerable Adults Policy (where relevant)
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 28/05/2021
End Date: 30/09/2021
Flexible arranged around your availability and the beneficiaries needs.
Tyneside and Northumberland Rape Crisis Centre
Stephenson Park Health Group – Forest Hall Branch